Oxorganic Permanent Smoothing Treatment
What Makes OXO Unique
OXO Permanent Smoothing Treatment is composed of an innovative compound of oils, proteins, and chemical free amino acids,posing no risk of hazardous smoke inhalation or damage to the customer’s hair.Created to soften the sulfur bonds, enabling proteins and natural oils to penetrate the hair, OXO does not break, dry out or damage the hair or scalp and does not cause hair loss.
For successful results, OXO recommends following a 3-step process using the supplies listed below.
- OXO Treatment + OXO Booster Shampoo
- Bowl + tinting brush
- Rat tail comb
- Salon heating device (Climazon, Rollerball, infrared or any lamp that generates just heat and not hot air or steam).
- Hair dryer
STEP 1 Instructions to begin
We recommend customers:
1. Come to the salon with their hair washed (only shampoo, no conditioner) and dried naturally.
2. Do not color or bleach the hair before the treatment.
3. Determine the hair type to determine the timing for the heating process and use of the flat iron.קרא עוד על STEP 1 Instructions to beginHair type is categorized as:
STEP 2 Apply Treatment (convert centimeters into inches)
- Part a small row of hair (about 5 cm in width) holding it at a 90° angle from the scalp.
- Using a tinting brush, apply OXO at about 1 cmfrom the roots avoiding contact with the scalp, which may produce a tingly or itchy reaction to unknown allergies and sensitive skin.
- Without touching the scalp use a rat tail comb to apply the product on the entire length of the hair.
- Put the remaining product on the comb to apply on the hair close to the scalp.
STEP 3 Completely Remove Treatment
- Rinse with hot water to completely remove the OXO treatment.
- Then use OXO Booster Shampoo to wash (yes, wash, not just rinse) the treatment product out of the hair.
- Repeat, using the OXO Booster Shampoo to wash hair a second time until the hair and scalp are completely clean.
For Damaged/Fragile/Brittle/Dyed/Bleached/Blonde hair: apply hair mask after shampooing, wait for 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly, before using the flat iron.
- Dry the hair completely (100%).
- Divide the hair into four sections using alligator clips – preparing the customer for the next and most important stage – straightening the hair with the flat iron.
STEP 4 OXO flat iron method
Select the following temperatures for each BabylissFlat Iron:
BabylissFlat iron 2091/2094 at 450°F
BabylissFlat iron 3000/3100 at 464°Fקרא עוד על STEP 4 OXO flat iron methodRead More
How do you know when ironing a section is completed?
Look for that maximum shine.
- Start working on the hair, using the first row as a test row.
- Complete five seconds of ironing and check the shine.
- Repeat ironing each section until maximum shine appears at the root, and along the length to the ends.
- If the ends of the hair are curly, iron well.
- If the ends are damaged, iron lightly only about 4-7 times, until the cuticle is closed and the hair has the desired nutrient shine.
- In case of badly damaged hair, without curl, lower the temperature by 1-2levels, depending on hair condition.
- If hair is Damaged/Fragile/Brittle/Dyed/Bleached/Blonde hair: start bygently ironing for 15 seconds, if you achieve shine and close cortex, STOP. If not, continue for another 15 seconds, or until you achieve shine and closecortex
STEP 5 Tips for Success
Critical for straightening the hair is keeping the flat iron closed
maintaining a tight tension and the right temperature throughout.קרא עוד על STEP 5 Tips for Success Read More
STEP 6 Assess the results for corrections
A correction is needed if the hair stylist fails to maintain tension and/or keeps the strands neatly combed with the clamp comb during the ironing stage.
No need to worry!
While the customer is still in your salonrepeat the flat iron process if you missed a curl or a puffy section.
If a correction is needed on another day reapply OXO and perform the treatment (only on the sections which need correction).
Reapplying OXO for performing a correction poses no danger, however, it is not recommended to straighten the hair more than 3 times in one year.קרא עוד על STEP 6 Assess the results for correctionsAbout Coloring Hair