Oxorganic Permanent Smoothing Treatment
OXO Permanent Smoothing Treatment is composed of an innovative compound of oils, proteins, and chemical free amino acids,posing no risk of hazardous smoke inhalation or damage to the customer’s hair.Created to soften the sulfur bonds, enabling proteins and natural oils to penetrate the hair, OXO does not break, dry out or damage the hair or scalp and does not cause hair loss.
For successful results, OXO recommends following a 3-step process using the supplies listed below.
- OXO Treatment + OXO Booster Shampoo
- Bowl + tinting brush
- Rat tail comb
- Salon heating device (Climazon, Rollerball, infrared or any lamp that generates just heat and not hot air or steam).
- Hair dryer
- 4 alligator clips
- Professional flat iron
- Recommending Babyliss PRO 2091/3000/3100/2094)
- Clamp comb
- Works to maintain the tension critical to achieving perfect results
- Hair mask
- Part a small row of hair (about 5 cm in width) holding it at a 90° angle from the scalp.
- Using a tinting brush, apply OXO at about 1 cmfrom the roots avoiding contact with the scalp, which may produce a tingly or itchy reaction
to unknown allergies and sensitive skin.
- Without touching the scalp use a rat tail comb to apply the product on the entire length of the hair.
- Put the remaining product on the comb to apply on the hair close to the scalp.
- Rinse with hot water to completely remove the OXO treatment.
- Then use OXO Booster Shampoo to wash (yes, wash, not just rinse)
the treatment product out of the hair.
- Repeat, using the OXO Booster Shampoo to wash hair a second time
until the hair and scalp are completely clean.
- For Damaged/Fragile/Brittle/Dyed/Bleached/Blonde hair: apply hair mask after shampooing, wait for 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly, before using the flat iron.
- Dry the hair completely (100%).
- Divide the hair into four sections using alligator clips – preparing the customer for the next and most important stage – straightening the hair with the flat iron.
Select the following temperatures for each BabylissFlat Iron
BabylissFlat iron 2091/2094 at 450°F
BabylissFlat iron 3000/3100 at 464°F
- Divide the hair to 4 even sections. (convert centimeters into inches)
- Part the hair in a thin straight row (about 5 cm in width).
- Using a clamp comb at a 90° angle, grasp a row of hair, pulling (not yanking) until there is tension and insert the row into the flat iron,placing the flat iron as close to the scalp as possible without touching it.Without pressureclose the iron (do not squeeze) on the hair, allowing for a smooth movement up and down the row.Iron in a 5 cm segments, back and forth with a closed iron,
for about 30 seconds
How do you know when ironing a section is completed?
Look for that maximum shine.
- Start working on the hair, using the first row as a test row.
- Complete five seconds of ironing and check the shine.
- Repeat ironing each section until maximum shine appears at the root, and along the length to the ends.
- If the ends of the hair are curly, iron well.
- If the ends are damaged, iron lightly only about 4-7 times, until the cuticle is closed and the hair has the desired nutrient shine.
- In case of badly damaged hair, without curl, lower the temperature by 1-2levels, depending on hair condition.
- If hair is Damaged/Fragile/Brittle/Dyed/Bleached/Blonde hair: start bygently ironing for 15 seconds, if you achieve shine and close cortex, STOP. If not, continue for another 15 seconds, or until you achieve shine and closecortex
Critical for straightening the hair is keeping the flat iron closed
maintaining a tight tension and the right temperature throughout .
- Iron each section separately and slowly with a constantly closed iron.This allows the heat to penetrate the hair
- Alwaysbe sure to insert the thin, neatly combed rows into the iron while it is pulled tight and neatly combed. to work in thin combed rows.
- If the row is loose or tangled, stop and re-comb the hair.
- If there is no tension and the hair “dances” in the iron, the hair will not straighten. Repeat until achieving maximum shine and full closure of the cortex. (We call this iron movement “cooking” and not “milking” of the hair.
A correction is needed if the hair stylist fails to maintain tension and/or keeps the strands neatly combed with the clamp comb during the ironing stage.
No need to worry!
While the customer is still in your salonrepeat the flat iron process if you missed a curl or a puffy section.
If a correction is needed on another day reapply OXO and perform the treatment (only on the sections which need correction).
Reapplying OXO for performing a correction poses no danger, however, it is not recommended to straighten the hair more than 3 times in one year.
About Coloring Hair
If the hair was NOT damaged before the straightening process coloring hair may be performed immediately after the straightening process.
If the hair was damaged before the straightening process, wait a few days before applying coloring.
If the hair stylist or the customer is concerned, we recommend doing a test row before deciding to proceed.
Hair color lightens up to two times after the treatment.
Ant brand of color can be used. Gel dye us not recommended.
Due to the reaction between the amino acids and the heat of the iron, white hair might take on a yellow hue. White hair will straighten completely, but it might take quite a while before the yellowing fades.
Lightened Blonde Hair
A change in hue is possible during use of the flat iron, will fade after each shampoo, completely disappearing within about two weeks.